2010-06-09

Pure Romance and Therapy collide!

Last week, I received a call from a physical therapist for a therapy center here in the greater Lansing area who deals with physical therapy to help with bladder control. A friend of a friend attends this therapy center and they got talking during their session (probably trying to keep the clients mind off the pain of the therapy!) and Pure Romance came up.

I'm so excited that it did!! This therapist recommends to her patients the use of vibrators, ben wa balls and similar toys to help strenghthen the vaginal walls which in turn also helps with the strength of the bladder. Therefore, increasing the ability to control the bladder.

Why?

Well because the bladder and the vagina are located in basically one and the same space. Stregnthen one and the other benefits as well. Due to child birth, menopause, age or other medical reasons, often times a woman's bladder muscles and vaginal muscles become loose. The old adage of "if you don't use it, you lose it" holds true. If you aren't exercising those muscles, the muscles will stop working for you and doing what you need them to do.

I know. After having 3 children, I can't cough, laugh hard, sneeze or turn the wrong way without the worry of bladder problems and therefore am constantly crossing my legs. And regardless of how funny my husband and children think it is that mom pees her pants....it's embarrassing!! I will be the first one to admit that I've tried to do the Kegel exercises that are highly recommended and effective and while I'll start out doing them well, I'll get side-tracked and forget that I was supposed to be working those muscles. That's where the ben wa balls come in so handy! These small balls are inserted inside you, and with some instruction, help you to do the Kegel exercises the correct way and remind you that you need to continue working on those exercises!

However, often times women feel uncomfortable going into the all too often seedy, trashy, men-frequented adult stores where they'd be leered at (I know....) and would love to have an opportunity to talk with a woman in the comfort of their own home who knows about the health benefits, as well as the fun benefits, to our products!

So, tonight, I'm going to meet the said therapist and take her some information regarding Pure Romance products that may be of interest to their clientele in particular: Fresh Start, Ben Wa Balls, Vaginal Dialaters as well as the full line of vibrators and toys. Pure Romance by Lisa catalogs and information will be included in their client informational guide that is available to all clients in the office.

I feel so privelaged. THIS is one of the reasons I love Pure Romance and I love doing it. I enjoy helping woman. Empowering them to take control of their own body, learn and know their own body in a safe, comfortable, one on one way. It makes my heart soar to know that I may help some of these woman get control of their bodies back.

Until tomorrow-keep on buzzing!

Lisa

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a great cross over for you!

 

The Insider | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates